[LRflex] Re: R lenses on Nikon DSLRs using the Leitax bayonets

  • From: William B. Abbott III <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 09:57:32 -0700

Hi Howard,

You've certainly made a convincing case for R lenses adapted to the Nikon D700. If the "adequate solution" for R lenses that Leica promises doesn't suit me as a replacement for my R9/DMR, a Nikon solution is now at the top of my list.

One quick question: Can you say more about why you wrote, " Focusing wides is problematic. " Any more problematic than with any other WA lens and camera body?

Thanks,

Bill

On Aug 19, 2009, at 7:50 AM, H&ECummer wrote:

Hi Flexers,
I am on a slow internet connection here at the cabin on Pender Island ...