[LRflex] Re: R lenses in Nikon DSLRs using Leitax mounts

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 08:16:12 -0700

Thanks for the info, Walter. I, too, wait to see what Leica will be coming up with as their solution.

I assume that the Sigma solution is stopped down just like all other solutions to date. So, right now the only advantage I would get by switching from the Canon adapter solution to any of the solutions offered by Leitax or Sigma or 4/3 is that the metering would work better when stopping the lens down. The lens f-stop would still be like a 50's lens. I guess for me that is not enough incentive to make the switch yet. I deal with the metering problem fairly successfully most of the time, and the viewfinder, while not the best, is workable for me and the kinds of photos I take. If I need faster focusing I just slap on a AF lens to deal with those situations. 10 MP is enough for me now, so the Rebel XTi is a working solution at the moment. If I decided I needed more pixels, or some other feature, then I will need to make a decision, still on an interim basis, waiting to see the Leica solution. Hoping it will address all my needs.

Aram