[LRflex] R in Michigan Photography

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 22:34:32 -0700 (PDT)

Ola Group,
   I know I've been posting lots of words to the group and not many images! I
have shot some very nice images recently, but I'm coping with some Computer
Issues and I've been unable to 'really' access them in much more than a cursory
manner. Once I get these software/hardware problems ironed out, I'll post some
things. In the meantime I hope my punditry, rumor mongering, and semi-random
commentary on the List, is at least well tolerated if not well received. :-)
   I am begining to experience Digital Darkroom Withdrawl because I shot a
bunch
of images during a Trip to Traverse Bay, Michigan AND I finally got all the
hardware bits scrounged up in order to start using my SCSI based dedicated film
scanner. Now I'm spinning my photographic wheels as I try to overcome cascading
software problems caused by video card problems. Sigh. God I love Macintosh - I
only wish I owned a 'real' Mac :-)! When a 'Hackintosh' works, it works
spectaculary - when it doesn't, you're spectacularly on your own!

Richard in Michigan

"There is a joy in taking photographs that will always be there, it is the joy
of looking, of capturing that fraction of a second, it is the photographic
shot,
the intuitive shot..." (Henri Cartier-Bresson)

â??No man hath given his child anything better than good manners.â??
- Prophet Muhammad (570-632)