[LRflex] Re: R System

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 06:01:46 -0700

Good Morning, Wally & Howard.

I think, Howard, that you are "spot on", in your assessment of the situation.
The M-240 w/adapters & viewfinder is both extremely expensive and cumbersome in
use.

Better solutions are the use of superb "R" glass on Nikons (via Leitax mounts)
or on Canon, Oly, Sony NEX and other cameras via inexpensive adapters. It's
true that these solutions also do not have provision for auto-diaphragm
operation, but at least they come in at 1/4 to 1/8th the price of the Leica
"[in]adequate solution".

David.