[LRflex] Re: R Lenses on Panasonic L1

  • From: Ed Willoughby <ed_willoughby@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 07:46:03 -0700 (PDT)

Sure, I did the same when I got mine.  Took some time messing with the settings
until I got it to fire.

  You will start relying on depth of field when you use this combination.  I
use a Leica 250mm f4 on mine and I focus it as best I can at f4 (things are
much easier to see) and then start moving the aperture ring over a click of two
while watching my shutter speed in the view finder.  If you want things out of
focus (of course) in the back ground then leave it at f4 but you run the risk
of missing the focus on your subject.

  The good news is you can shoot as many as you want at different aperture
settings and figure it out on the PC when you get home!

  Ed.

M7 <photo-m7@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Ed,

thanks! That's the key setup. Sonny, your suggestion was how I have my
Leicanon setup, but the L1 has that one parameter which I didn't catch.

Cheers,

John