[LRflex] Re: R Lenses on Panasonic L1

  • From: M7 <photo-m7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 07:27:58 -0700

Ed,

thanks! That's the key setup. Sonny, your suggestion was how I have my Leicanon setup, but the L1 has that one parameter which I didn't catch.

Cheers,

John

On Sep 7, 2007, at 4:29 PM, Ed Willoughby wrote:

Yes,  you have to make a change in the custom section on the camera (pretty sure it is in this section).  Hit menu, then scroll down to custom.

Last one in this section:

No Release
  Without Lens     Off

I use the same and here are my settings:
Custom set    normal
Cust. set mem.
Func set 1
Func set 2
Direx.Ex.Comp   off
LCD Auto           off
AF Frame          Auto
AF+MF             off
AF/AE Lock Hold  Off
AF Led              On
Focus Priority    On
Color Space       SRGB
Long Shutter NR On
Mirror Up            Off
Display Set
Pixel Refresh
No Release
  Without Lens   Off

M7 <photo-m7@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I recently purchased the Lumix L1 with Leica kit lens. It's pretty good
for a first semi-pro effort. In order to extend its usability, I just
received an R lens-to- 4/3rds body adapter. When I put the setup
together, I can see through the lens with the viewfinder as well as
live view, but the camera won't shoot a photo. The shutter button
depresses but doesn't trigger.

Any hints?

TIA,

John Gong