[LRflex] Re: Question about R7 - Frame counter not working

  • From: Doug Herr <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 22:51:20 -0400 (EDT)

"walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx" wrote:

>I wonder if someone knows anything about this issue. My R7 seems to be working
>fine
>except that the frame counter is stuck on 'S.'  The film advances as normal
>and
>rewinds as it should.  I am just wondering if this bodes something more
>serious
>with the film advance mechanism.  I can live without knowing how many frames
>are
>left but should I have this looked at anyway.

Problems with the counter most likely do not predict film advance problems.
You might want to check that the film counter reset lever is moving freely.
You can find the end of this lever when the camera's back is open, in the
light-tight groove at the film-advance end of the body.  If some of the
light-tight packing in the grove is interfering with the lever you can have
problems like this.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com