[LRflex] Re: Purple spots...

  • From: "Neil Gould" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 06:54:33 -0600

Hi David,

Recently, you wrote:

> Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 09:57:59 -0800
> From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>

[...]
> As I said, this is not a common problem, and so I am wondering:
>
> [a] is it due to odd lighting somehow reflecting of some internal bit?
>
> [b] is it an early sign of failure (my DMR died from an overexposure
> problem just 10 days later.)

As to these, I have no idea, but it does seem like a failure of some sort.
It is interesting that in both cases, the purple area is in the center of
the frame, and only affects areas of Rose's skin tone. Have you looked at
her to make sure it isn't an accurate representation of a bluish-blush?
;-)

> [c] does anybody have an idea how to cure this in post processing?

This will take time and patience, but as others have suggested, the lasso
will restrict the area to be affected. The trick is identifying that area
with some degree of accuracy, or the edges of the selected area may expose
your editing. So, you may find yourself working at close to the pixel
level of the image, and at that level, the lasso is less important.

Good luck!

Neil