[LRflex] Re: Purple spots...

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 14:02:24 -0800

Herr Herr wrote:

>I've never seen this with the DMR or 80-200  To fix problems like this
>I select the affected area and do local color correction, for example:
>
>http://www.wildlightphoto.com/land/lakemich.html
>
>do you see the flare spots?  No?  Selected and color-corrected.

Hi Doug!

Are you saying that what I'm getting is flare?  If so, that's
weird!  The 80~200/4 is one of the more flare resistant lenses
around.  Besides, the day was seriously overcast/hazy/foggy, and I
don't think the sun was bright enough to cause flare with even a
flare-prone lens.  http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/haze.htm

As for "selecting and colour correcting"... I'm having trouble
figuring out how to select an area that has no "real" boundary!  It
just sort of fades away at the edges. :-( any expertise to share, here?

Thanks.