[LRflex] Purple spots...

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 09:57:59 -0800

"I'm seeing spots."

"Have you seen a Doctor?"

"No... just spots..."

In my case, these are purple spots, which appeared in two or three
shots in Paris.

Curiously, all the shots with this purple center were made within one
hour of each other, and all on a seriously hazy day.

The problem has not appeared in any others of the roughly 6,000
photos taken with the DMR since I got it.

For a control... here is Rose, atop the Eiffel Tower - without the problem.

http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/Magenta-1.htm

In this shot, we have Xavier, his friend Jeanne (right) with
Rose.  Note the Purple spot in the center, marring Rose's face.

http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/Magenta-2.htm

Finally, a shot of Rose, again with the dreaded purple spot!

http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/Magenta-3.htm

As I said, this is not a common problem, and so I am wondering:

[a] is it due to odd lighting somehow reflecting of some internal bit?

[b] is it an early sign of failure (my DMR died from an overexposure
problem just 10 days later.)

and

[c] does anybody have an idea how to cure this in post processing?

FWIW: These were all shot as DNG (raw) files.

Any & all comments, ideas, help will be much appreciated.  I'm stumped!