[LRflex] Re: Portrait with a 70 years old Leitz Hektor 73mm/1.9 on the G1

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 23:05:26 +0100

First link points to the cemetary of white elephants Peter I'm sorry to say.

Could you please repost your link?

Vielen Danke
Phili^^e

pwerner wrote:

The Leitz Hektor 73mm/1.9 was produced from 1931 to 1942. It is a “portrait”
lens that produces pictures in a pleasant sort of 1930s softness and shallow
DOF. Color saturation is also much lower than on modern lenses; flare is
high if not controlled. It is a challenging lens to use, especially wide
open. Except for formal portraits, it is not very useful as a short
telephoto. 70 years after it was made, it is still interesting.

At 6.3 or higher, it becomes sharper. See my pictures with the M8 at
http://www.leicaphoto.net/discus/mes...tml?1175995908

Here a typical portrait: soft, low contrast, low color saturation.

http://www.leicaphoto.net/discus/messages/7/4695.jpg

Panasonic Lumix G1 - Leica Hektor 73mm @ f/1.9 - RAW, no postprocessing
except cropping and resizing for the web
C/C welcome

Cheers
Peter