[LRflex] Polarthon

  • From: H&ECummer <cummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 17:02:01 +0800

Hi David,
Nice shots as always - and a reminder to Esther and me why we don't live in Canada in the winter time!!
Bests to Rose,
Cheers
Howard

Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 10:00:12 -0800
From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] The Polarthon

Yesterday was the start of our week-long Polar Carnival.

The lead-off event, is the Polarthon... a 2.5km skate, 2.5km run and
a 7.5km X-country ski.   Younger kids, do it as a relay team, though
some go with the adults and "run" the whole course.  It is run on one
of the few, long-track speed skating ovals in western Canada.  Carved
out of Logan Lake, itself, it is a regulation 400 meter oval, as
opposed to the 111 meter short-track ovals found in most ice arenas.

So we start with the skate...  (Note the wig ... most participants
don't take the Polarthon too seriously...)