[LRFlex] Re: Polarizer

  • From: John Sikes <mcnaught@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 08:03:31 -0500

on 1/16/05 9:59 PM, Dr. Elliot Puritz at drpuritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Might I ask a quick question regarding polarizers and two of the R lenses?
With reference to both the 21-35 Asph, and the 28-70 zoom lenses ( not the
uncommon Asph version ), is there any magic to using the polarizers? Does
one simply obtain a circular polarizer of the correct size, and screw it in?

Sorry for asking what must appear to be a very simple question.

Elliot

There is an article in Popular Photography, Sept 2002, probably available on
the net, which advises if you own an slr with through the lens metering,
you'll probably need a circular. Also, with the 21, it might be best to get
the thin mount to avoid vignetting. I got a thin mount from B&H and it works
fine.

Jack Sikes