[LRflex] Re: Playing with spot metering

  • From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 07:30:09 +0100

Le 25 janv. 11 à 03:35, David Simms a écrit :

> Some of my "digital" friends have mentioned certain cameras/
> software that is
> capable of merging a fairly large number of images, taken at different
> exposures, that can solve this problem of extreme contrast. I've
> seen the
> results and they are truly impressive.

This is called HDR

As to the Digilux (and the L1) it can shoot either:
- multiple exposures on a same file,
- a burst of files bracketting exposure parameters (other brands even
bracket the ISOs in their latest releases ...)
but neither is fast enough for this kind of scenes

Works well for static motionless subjects such landscapes,
architecture, and traditionally longer exposed shots if you don't
overdo it.

Hopes this helps.
Ph

And now to some clipping ;-)