[LRflex] Re: Playing with spot metering

  • From: "walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 10:25:42 +0800

 Thanks Dave,
I can't see a good way to crop this so i think zoom, getting close and re-c=
omposing would have been the solution.  There does not appear to be an= y
detail at all in that area bottom left.  There may well be further o=
pportunities in future to play with this kind of lighting.

I relied on the camera metering however some may know that the Digilux 3 ha=
s a strange quality in that it meters differently depending on whether you =
deploy the live view or take the shot looking through the viewfinder.

Thanks for your comments.

Walter

On Tue Jan 25 0:56 , David Simms sent:

The metering on the f= ace was bang-on but the lighting was so extreme that
there
is a large area of empty shadow, in the lower left, nearly 1/4 of the pictu=
re
area.
The photograph is dramatic but I think it comes at the expense of too much =
loss
of detail. Maybe zooming in or cropping would that.
I know that, on film, this would be a tough one to print. It would surely
require some heroic burning and dodging, especially on 35mm where most of u=
would be reluctant to subject the rest of the roll to something like N-2
development.
Dave