[LRflex] Re: Playing a traditionnal game by the River Marne

  • From: "Neil Gould" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 16:46:17 -0400

Hi Xavier and David,

> Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 10:05:35 -0700
> From: "David Young" <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> In a message dated 10/08/2011, Bille Xavier F. said ...
>
>> Good Day Flexers On long and nice afternoon of summer, those who
>> renounced to pack likes sardines are playing the "jeu de boules" by
>> the river, actually
> next
>> to my place. http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/P1010082_dev.jpg and
>> http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/P1010083_dev.jpg These images, pardon
>> me, were made with a little compact from Panasonic with a Leica
>> Lens, LX3. Less obtrusive than a Digilux 3. A very interesting
>> pocketable camera, lack of viewfinder though. Cheers and enjoy.
>
> Very peaceful scenes, Xavier!  Looks like a very pleasant way to
> spend a
> hot summer's day.
>
> To things come to mind...
>
> 1) how do you get the blue-cast that shows on my calibrated monitor.

The image is in RGB mode, so I would thing that the color cast is a result
of processing, in camera or otherwise. If converted to grayscale mode, the
cast would go away except on poorly calibrated monitors.  ;-)

> 2) I see a slight problem with your horizons. 082 is "running uphill",
> which is to say the horizon is higher on the right.  083 is "running
> downhill", with the horizon slightly lower, on the right.

Since the building in the background (shadow area) is close to horizontal
with the slight pitch going in the same direction in both shots, I
interpreted the scene as showing the natural gradation of the land.

best regards,

Neil