[LRflex] Re: Pix of the new S2

  • From: "William B. Abbott III" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 17:56:09 -0700

David,

I've looked all day (except when I was away from home for a bit) and the S2 is finally on the Leica U.S. web site:

http://us.leica-camera.com/photography/s_system/

It is impressive and I hope there comes into being a Leica S community.

Now that Leica has "updated" the M legacy community, twice, I look forward to it "updating" the R legacy community.

The latter two are all they have at present.

Best,

Bill

On Sep 22, 2008, at 3:37 PM, David Young wrote:

All:

For those interested, the photos from the "official" Press Release DVD for the new, Leica S2 are now on-line, at:

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/S_system.html

I am trying to obtain the text of the official press release, as well, but that is not yet available to me.

Curiously, there are top. side and front views, as well as a pic with the entire system. But no back views! Does this tell us that the camera is not yet ready for prime time?