[LRflex] Re: Photokina and other disasters...

  • From: "Chris Birchenhall" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 17:49:43 +0100

Doug

The question is: does your statement hold for the R8/R9 and is it likely to
hold for the R10 or whatever comes next? If not then focus confirmation may
on occasion be useful and if it unobtrusive it can be ignored if it is not
required. With my eyes getting weaker these issues are important. It is one
of the main reasons I see my SL2 pushing out my Nikon F3HP, but at the same
time I do occasionally use focus confirmation on the D200.

At the same time I have to ask if Leica could come up with such a fine
screen in the SL2 why was this feature not replicated in subsequent models
and why has it not been surpassed by other manufacturers?

Chris