[LRflex] Photo of a lifetime...

  • From: "David Young" <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "LRflex" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 08:35:01 -0700

By now, many, if not most, of you have heard of the rather sad, Vancouver
Riot, after the home-town team lost their bid to wind Hockey's biggest
prize, the Stanley Cup.

Vancouver is, normally, a great town, and it is unfortunate that a small
group of thugs and miscreants have cost the city its reputation and its
citizens, millions.

However, from the midst of the mayhem, there emerged a photo that has to be
the photo of  a lifetime for Getty Images photog, Rich Lam.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/kissing-couple-vancouver-riots-photo-viral-canucks-win/story?id=13866244

http://tinyurl.com/3d5ntlx

Now, for the rest of the story....

According to Rich Lam, he spotted the couple and thought she had been
injured, and was being helped by someone, so he shot "a couple of frames",
and then went on with his work.

Only later, after someone told him they were kissing, did he check the
frame, and realize what he had!

He tracked them down, and it turns out that it was not all that it seemed.
The couple had found themselves between the rioters and police, and as the
police advanced, she was knocked down by a brush with a policeman's shield.

He then tried to comfort her, and gave her a quick kiss, to say "It will be
all right".   And that's when, by chance, Rich Lam tripped the shutter.

All I can say is... I wish I'd taken that shot!

David Young - Photographer
Logan Lake, CANADA

Wildlife: www.furnfeather.net
Personal: www.main.furnfeather.net