[LRflex] Re: Partial to Leica optics

  • From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 06:38:03 +0200

L1 pixes here

John, Carol & Michael Lahey-Wiggs wrote:

Hello Any one:
My name is John. I'm a Yank who married a Canadian and now resides in beutiful Saskatoon, SK. My formal education includes a BFA in Fine Arts Photography and a Masters in Hearing Science. I came across a Leica M4P with a 50 f/2 summicron as an undergrade in fine arts. I sold my nikon slr equipment a week later and never looked back. Earlier this spring I found a 50 f/2 3cam that had been sitting idle in a camera shop for over 6mos. I bought it cheap a found an R3 for a similair cost. It to out shoots my nikon. In my estimation there is no better glass made than Leica. I am now in a delima as film supplies are drying up, and or getting expensive to process for any reasonable photographic progect. I am looking to go digital but have little cash flow to support an M8 or even a R8 with a digital module. I want to get into wildlife photography but refuse to give up my Leica glass. I have been following LeicaReflex for about 6mos. and everyone seems to be using a little of everything. I would like some opinion on the Panasonic L1 and putting big glass on it for wildlife (400mm 6.8) Is it worth trying or is the L1 not sturdy enough for the job? Is anyone using a canon body with a 400mm and will a 2x converter work with it? Any and all opinions are welcome. My email address is noted below: j.c.m@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:j.c.m@xxxxxxxxxxx> Kindest Regards to all, John, screaming and kicking into the digital world.