[LRflex] Re: Parisian Photos

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 08:16:36 -0800

Bill Lawlor wrote:

>David, wonderfull photos. My favorites are the chef and the crepe lady. Both
>are not typical tourist photos and convey the charm of that beautiful city.
>Congratulations.

Thanks, Bill!

Like you, I'm particularly fond of the "crepe-lady" shot, though I
also like the sculpture photo.

But all were made possible by Xavier, who took us from place to place
via the back streets and alleys that most tourists would never
see.  We'd take the Metro to an area, and end up at, say, the Louvre,
but it would take us 3 hours (including beer & lunch stops at local
bistros) to cover, perhaps, 6 blocks.  Mind you, we'd walk 40 blocks
to cover that six!  But they were the most fascinating blocks, where
much of the 'old' Paris still exists, but is so seldom seen except by
the locals.

Although we enjoyed our time in Cologne, Solms and Wetzlar, Paris was
the highlight of our holiday and we're already planning a return
trip.  With luck, in time for the next Photokina!