[LRflex] Re: Paris, again...

  • From: rsphoto's email <rsphotoimages@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 13:19:58 -0700

Steve:

I get it.

I spent 10 years in the Marines. Included a "MedCruise" which took our Battalion to Naples, Genoa, Pireus (port for Athens), Crete, Sardinia, Corsica, Barcelona and Valencia.

I was an Information Services NCO (read as; Miltary Photojournalist - oxymoron big time).

I shot Barcelona in B&W with a Honeywell-Pentax SLR.

There was this archway entrance to an alley...Paseo de San Jaun, with an older woman all in black schlepping a monster shopping bag. It's the only shot I liked, including Las Ramblas, the Gaudi architecure, etc.

The "Bridge Shot" is such a shot and needs no introduction. I really, really like it.

Be happy about it.

Bob

On Jun 28, 2008, at 12:16 PM, Steve Barbour wrote:

Very few of my photos mean so much to me, as those from Paris...
As we plan another trip, I have been motivated to review, and rework images from earlier. Each time I see them, new thoughts and emotions emerge. I will show some over coming weeks.

All are images from previous trips, some never seen, some shown before...almost all taken with leica M cameras, and film...

here's one...

http://www.solio.us/gallery/album02/man_woman_paris?full=1

thanks for looking,

Steve