[LRflex] Re: Paris, again...

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 19:41:15 -0700

On Jun 28, 2008, at 7:06 PM, Ted Grant wrote:

STEVE SAID:
>> I wanted to capture the vertical lines of the bridge, the pont des arts...leading the eye up river, toward the man and the woman, toward Paris...(and also the sky was so drab)<<<

Sorry mate absolutely no excuse… period!
I know I’m being hard assed in the eyes of some folks, but this is what sorts out the best shooters from the “oh hum” types.
They accept second rate instead of the best possible. “Perfect!”
Much what we see in the industry today with art directors who hire two bit shooters for the least amount they have to pay because “Charlie the Photoshop wizard” can fix the crappiest piece of exposure supplied. Never give into the … “That will do” nonsense of the digital world that can be fixed in Photoshop! Or scanning film and accepting the same. If we do not constantly fight for the best one can be, then all is lost photographically. Second best is a loser! I will die fighting for the best possible photograph and fight the nickel and dime acceptors of “second rate fix in Photoshop” concept to the bitter end! Straighten it up, as you are a far better photographer than the presented “tilted” image. And I don’t give a flying hoop what others may say… It’s either absolutely right or it isn’t! And in this case it isn’t absolutely right! Fix it!

just maybe we're talking about two different things Ted,

in any case I'm just not, I am not following you my friend...

fix what please?

Steve

ted