[LRflex] Re: Paris Photo fair, as usual

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 16:22:50 -0800

Hello, Xavier!

Nice to see that you're getting "out and about", after your problems.  :-)

As far as your photos go, I cannot view DSCF4755 as the site asks me for a
login & password.

However, 4752 comes up without any problem.

And the image of you, back at home comes up with a 404 error.

I keep thinking about a small, backup camera for the E-M1.  Sounds like I
should take a long look at the GM-5!

Cheers!
David.

> Good Day Flexers.
>
> I put some courage in my rush bag to roam at this exhibition under pouring
rain on the way to the hall.

> ftp://ftpperso.free.fr/Temp/Nov14/DSCF4755_dev.JPG
>
> This year, more centered toward photography & cameras, less
on travels, wedding and various photobooks.

> The Fuji booth was overcrowded while Leica, across the alley had almost no
visitors, no cameras to show as well, most Inside antitheft  displays. At least
Fuji had a lot of hardware & staff to answer questions:

> http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/Nov14/DSCF4752_dev.jpg
>
> I hear many complaning about the accessories shop lifting, in all booths.
Whatever.

> It was nice to use the Fuji X100T, complex tool but lovely. As usual, the
Olympus OM D had the best EVF compared to most, the latest Oly 40-150mm F2.8
showed through the visor the clarity we know from our Leica Reflex Lenses.
Hefty too.

> The funniest product came from Panasonic, the GM5, sort of modern Leica CL,
mounting the m43 lens. The camrea is so tiny, so pocketable, nice.

> I had my share of laugh at the Lomography booth, they showed  a  lomo LCA
120, new medium format based on the known LCA specs. The Instant film camera
seems to attract a lot of people too, at Fujifilm equally.
> They re edited the Russar 20mm F5.6 in the LTM mount, brass construction.
That lens was a dream when younger, could not find any at that time. It was a
new day yesterday, it's an old day by now.....

> Then I went back home, having a rest with my dog both happy to be reunited
(pic by Ayda):

> http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/Nov14/DSCF4745_dev.JPG
>

> All this comes from the Fuji X20, prefered over the X30, largely.
>
> Cheers.

> From : Xavier F. BILLE
> mail : hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Maisons Alfort - France