[LRFlex] Re: Panasonic FZ20

  • From: Joseph Yao <joseph@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 01:26:44 +0800

Elliot,

The difference is more than $500 - more like $700.  The Panasonic LC1 costs
$1,099 whereas the Digilux 2 costs $1,850?

For the LC1, you also get a 69mm MC protective filter and a remote release
cord, both are optional with the Digilux 2.  They cost US$150 and $75
respectively from Leica.

The LC1 comes with a small 16MB SD card, the D2 with a less small (but still
small!) 64MB SD card.

The D2 comes with some fancier software CDs, but since I use Photoshop,
iView Media Pro and Apple iPhoto, this is irrelevant.

The firmware of the two cameras is different: when you turn the LC1 off, the
screen displays 'Lumix'.  With the Leica, you get a 'Leica'  red dot.

The LC1 is black, but the D2 is silver chrome.  However, in Japan, you can
buy a chrome LC1.

The biggest difference, part from a $700 price differential, is that the D2
has a RED DOT which the LC1 lacks.  This is enough to send many Leicaphiles
to the Leica camp.

My family distributes Panasonic and I sell Leica, so I know a thing or two
about these two cameras.

Joseph

    www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm