[LRFlex] Panasonic FZ20

  • From: "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 11:05:42 -0500

I'm about to cave in and purchase a digital camera, primarily for snapshots
of people and events in which quick and easy results are desired.  Many will
be for web use, but I would at least like the capability of getting a decent
5 x 7 in case someone falls in love with their image.

So, in the $500-600 range, how is the Panasonic Lumix FZ20, compared, say
with Kodak 7590, Fuji S700, Nikon 5k700, etc?    I don't know all the models
and their numbers, but you get the idea.

The Leica lens on the Panasonic attracts me, even on a quickie digital
camera.

If anyone has any insights, I would greatly appreciate it.

(My R8 and/or M6  will still go with me on major vacations, jaunts in the
countryside, etc.)

Regards and happy early springtime to all...............Julian

    www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm