[LRflex] Re: PSTCRD: On the road to Venice; Vicenza, Padova, and Mira - George

  • From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 21:23:23 +0200

Le 14 août 12 à 19:56, George Lottermoser a écrit :

On Aug 14, 2012, at 8:35 AM, philippe.amard wrote:

Thanks all for your comments on Verona :-)

Before reaching Venice, we wandered a little on the road and took our time to enjoy the landscapes and curiosities on the way.

Vicenza was made famous worldwide when Joseph Losey used the Palladio palaces to shoot Mozart's Don Giovanni, some of you may remember the steps where the catalogue is unfold, "ma in Barcelona, son' ja mille e tre" ;-)
Unfortunately the premises were closed to visitors on that day ...
http://tinyurl.com/d7wb4x6
and next two to the right

Padova is where San Antonio - read Anthony I guess - is celebrated: a token for drivers whom he is supposed to protect too. Well we fared safely, it must work then :-) The city is also renowned for its law school, more to come in "people".
http://tinyurl.com/9oc9jq6
+ next 2 to the right too

And we stopped for the night at Mira, not far from Venice which can also be reached by boat thanks to the canal you see in the last postcard - sweet light on that evening.

http://tinyurl.com/97vnvw4

I'll be posting that day's "people" later on - I need time to process them

You seem to have fallen in love with that 18 mm.

I have George :-)
I bought it SH mid-June for a song and I find it to be the first usable lens since the D-vario-elmarit, i.e. I can actually use the aperture ring to the effect I desire, and the range 18-35 is fine; Alice was shooting longer with her Oly so there's no loss of pictures ;-) and it was virtually glued on my camera. Leicanauts will say it vignettes, and distorts; not a real problem when you spend half your days in museums exhibiting art that was created even before perspective was invented ;-) confirmed by their architecture where symmetry is not always on the agenda, and earthquakes have taken thier toll ...

Thanks George, my idea is to share the views others may not have had the privilege to see. So (much) more to come as we're only on day 2 of an 10 days' trip.

Amitiés
Philippe

Appears to be a match made in heaven ;~)

Truly enjoying your travels

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@xxxxxxxxxxx