[LRflex] Re: PS Re: Re: 560 telyt 6.8 R8?

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 13:15:41 -0700

At 12:30 PM 26/07/2010, you wrote:
>Is the lubrication of the slider rods something that is only recommended for
>a pro, or is this a reasonable at-home job?  My 560 slides, but could
>certainly be smoother.

Hi Dave!

My 400 Telyt was a wee bit stiff, when I first got it. lo, those many
years ago.

I lubricated it with some white lithium grease and it's been fine, ever since.

HOWEVER: the trick is to remove the old, dried out grease with some
solvent (I used lighter fluid) on a rag, before replacing it with
fresh.  I've talked to several who did not do this, and their lenses
are still sticky/jumpy, even after fresh lubrication.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Cheers!
David Young - Photographer
Logan Lake, BC,  Canada