[LRflex] PS RE: Angle of View

  • From: Thomas Schofield <tdschofield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 21:18:45 -0800 (PST)

And don't forget formats bigger than 35mm. ;-)  The LF
potographers on the list would also point out that
focal length and angle of view are not the same -- two
lenses with the same focal length but differing angles
of view will have different circles of coverage; i.e.
able to cover different formats or allow more or less
shift movements.  All 50mm lenses do not have the same
angle of view.  E.g. a 50mm f.l. designed for medium
format has a wider angle of view than a 50mm f.l. made
for 35mm.

Tom Schofield

--- Gary Todoroff <datamaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>