[LRflex] PRINT SALE!!!! :-)

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 17:46:53 -0700

Oh there's good news tonight boys and girls!!!!!! Hot damn it doesn't get
much better unless you win the lottery. :-)

It's pretty  rare for me to sell prints of my work as I never considered
myself an "art photographer." :-) However a local art gallery was putting
together a show and had 3 fine "art photographers" in and would I like to
hang something? First re-action was... "Who the heck would by my pictures as
they're photojournalism not art?"

So I had 13 prints hung last week, this after noon the Gallery lady called
and told me 5 pints had been sold at...... $750. 00  each!:-) So if you guys
want to call me "ted the artiest!" ;-) I think I can handle it for $750.00
per print.

Not only that but she said when she changes this show for the Christmas show
she would like to keep what she has left and if I'd like to hang new photos
she would be only too pleased.

Hell maybe there's economic life for an old photojournalist after all. :-)

It's just sharing good news folks. :-)

ted