[LRflex] Re: Oregon Lighthouses

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 11:41:48 -0700

I agree with Andy, Aram. You did an amazing job, especially with the Coquille
River lighthouse.

However, I was struck by the similarities between the Cape Mears and the Umpqua
lighthouses. Ya might wanna check your links... ;-)

David.

On our way down the Oregon Coast in April at the start
of our trip, we visited many lighthouses. We were dodging storms, and for
the most part it worked out quite well.

Cape Meares lighthouse. We got there at sunset and
the clouds parted enough.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/s15/oc/Cape+Meares+Lighthouse-5676.jpg.html

It was vandelized about 5 years ago. We saw it just
after. Terrible. It has been restored as best it can
be.
http://www.kgw.com/story/news/2014/07/18/11653692/

Umpqua Lighthouse. Got there just before the the
sky opened up. We were inside the lighthouse for maybe 20 minutes
while the downpour continued, then left.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/s15/oc/Cape+Meares+Lighthouse-5676.jpg.html

Coquille River Lighthouse
The storm was just clearing when we got there. It
really was great lighting and I hope I captured it well.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/s15/oc/Coquille+River+Lighthouse-5961.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/s15/oc/Coquille+River+Lighthouse-5968.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/s15/oc/Coquille+River+Lighthouse-5972.jpg.html

Comments welcome.

Aram

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher
&
Unemployed photographer

"The Human Genome Project has proved Darwin
more right than Darwin himself would ever have dared dream." James
D. Watson