[LRflex] Re: Oregon Coast beaches, lovely ladies, and abused fathers.

  • From: "William B. Abbott III" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 17:57:59 -0700

Aram,

Thanks for the memories. Twenty years ago my wife and I stopped in Seaside, Oregon for the night and spent some time at the bumper car emporium while waiting for a table at Dugger's, which appeared to be a rather pedestrian main street tourist restaurant, but which turned out to serve some of the most delicious salmon we have ever encountered.

To this day, Marian and I use the term, "It's a Dugger's," to describe anything that far exceeds any reasonable expectation.

All the best,

Bill

On Aug 18, 2009, at 5:06 PM, Aram Langhans wrote:

Went to the Oregon coast for a short(er than planned) trip. My wife had never been on bumper cars, so we took a spin.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/orcst/aug2009-3520.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/pned3l

Not the best of shots. Hard to take photos while you are being assaulted by crazed bumper car drivers. Should have boosted the ISO to 1600, but couldn't quite handle that while driving.

My wife found a few girls trying to take their pictures on a bridge, so she volunteered to take them all, so they all hopped up there for the shot
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/orcst/aug2009-3532.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/qh6y7a

Say "cheese"
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/orcst/aug2009-3533.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/o457rw

Along Cannon Beach, a father is being abused by his kids as they try to burry him in sand and water.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/orcst/aug2009-3554.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/obowjl

A lone seagull at haystack rock
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/orcst/aug2009-3544.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/ra7t2o

Feel free to browse the rest of the gallery to see some shots of shells and seaweed along the beaches.

Comments and criticism welcome.

Aram