[LRflex] Re: Operating System Religious Wars (was: Leica DMR support)

  • From: SonC@xxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 10:23:27 EST

In a message dated 1/27/2007 4:14:34 A.M. Central Standard Time,
colin@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
"if  you're not happy with
Windows - you might like to try a  Mac."

---------
The people I support use computers because it is necessary to the task of
running a library.  They don't care what OS it is.  The level of  geekness is
quite low.  For example, I've gone to optical mouse for all of  them as most
can't clean their roller mouse.

The main software used for cataloging and circulation runs on windows, and
updates online from our consortium.  As far as I know, there is no Mac
solution.  This may change as Mac puts more Windows compatibility in their
machines.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com