[LRflex] Re: Oooops!

  • From: "Neil Gould" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 14:38:36 -0500

> Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 13:03:54 +0100
> From: KEITH LONGMORE <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Sorry Ted (and anyone else commenting!)  www.pbase.com/leica1938/gig
> and www.pbase.com/leica1938/eye_show_2007
> 'Twas the end of a rather long day yesterday - brain went AWOL...
>
> I was talking to a rather experienced digital photographer at work
> this
> morning, and his thought was that the polarising filter may be taking
> some 2 or 3 stops off the exposure, and allowing some camera shake;
> usually, shake gives a very distinctive result with this camera, so I
> don't know.  I also got less sharp than usual results at about 100 mm,
> so I'll have to do some experimenting.  Like I said, if anyone has any
> ideas or suggestions, they'd be very welcome.
>
> Cheers
> Keith

I Keith, I concur with the others who have suggested that your
"outo-focus" worked as they typically do. For instance, "in Daisy 2x", the
plane of focus appears to be on the music stand, as the letters on the
sheet are sharp and show no signs of camera shake. The same can be said of
some of the other shots; if you look at the items that are sharpest, they
are usually closest to the camera. Another case of interesting
compositions damaged by technology.  ;-)

Neil