[LRflex] One the Ice ... with ATV's

  • From: "David Young" <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "LRflex" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 08:43:37 -0800

Good Morning, all!

After many days of warm (too warm) weather, it is cool (-6C as I write) and
snowing, once again. Looks to be about 10 to 15cm (4 to 6" in the USA) out
there,... which I will have to soon clear from the driveway.

We've hoped to return to Stake Lake, for more Ice racing, today, but it's
been warm enough that the roads and roofs have been clear for a week,!
Thursday, it reached 13.8 (57F)! Although this warm weather makes for fine
winter driving, it robs the ice of thickness... which may make racing (or
even parking) on the lake too dangerous. That will be sad for the racers,
as today and tomorrow is to be the Western Canadian Championships.

We'll drive out, later this morning, to see.

Meanwhile, here's one more shot, from last week's races.

In between the motorcycle "heats", they race ATVs (All Terrain Vehicles,
or, as they're more commonly called... "Quads").  These are larger, heavier
and slower than the bikes, thus harder to get a good "action" shot...
though I think this one worked.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Stake_09.html

C&C welcomed, as always.

David Young - Photographer