[LRflex] Re: On our way...

  • From: "W.B. Abbott" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 16:00:17 -0700

David,

Lovely pictures. We had a variant of this mushroom in Florida when I was a boy,
a whitish ball about 2 to 3 cm in diameter which, when whacked (small boys do
things like that) would emit a cloud of brown dust, which I now believe must
have been spores.

Your 'shroom is much more elegant in appearance than I remember.

So, perhaps we were on the side of the angels, helping the mushroom spread its
progeny. At least I'd like to think so.

Best,

Bill