[LRFlex] On behalf of Carlos, introduction

  • From: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:13:32 +0000

According to Carlos, recently subscribing from Portugal

Hi, all there!

Xavier asked me friendly to introduced myself, so here it goes: Carlos Gilbert, 56y, from Oporto/Portugal, married, six
children, =
production manager for a german company, hobby photographer.
Learned to =
take pics from my father and with his Contax II (I still own)
and a =
Zeiss-Ikon fan (later a Nikon fan too). Bought some years ago
in Germany =
a mint R6 with a 2.0/50mm lens but (don't ask me why...) didn't
like the =
outcome too much (using Fuji paper prints film). Sold it =
(unfortunately...) and now bought an used R3 and an R4 body
plus a =
2.0/50mm Summicron and a 3.5/35-70mm Vario-Elmarit for a
reasonable =
price. I'm taking pics at the present moment with the R4 just
to check =
it out. Both were in the factory here in Portugal for a check,
let's see =
now the outcome...=20
Just came back from Germany. Tried to buy a UV-filter for the
Summicron =
on a shop there but was asked 100,00 Euro for it!!! Even
respecting the =
top-of-the line mentality from Leica I think there are certain
limits...

Best regards to all, CG