[LRflex] Re: Olympus and Leica

  • From: Peter.Quick@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:46:31 +1000

> Do you mean that this new Leica-lensed DSLR will compete with
> the $10,000 DMR/ Leica R9 combination?
"The Panasonic DSLR is not in the same league as the DMR"

> What are feelings about this?

"they're very different beasties - only thing in common - they're digital
cameras"
"The Leica lens is a different story".

That better?

PJQ,

Stop obfuscating like a politician! Stick to answering the question!

I want to compare a $10,000 PLUS camera with the new Leica
lensed Panasonic DSLR.  Don't bring up red herrings such as
Canon or Olympus hybrids.  Stick to the subject, or do not answer
at all. In other words, do not be like a politician.

Jerry

Peter.Quick@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Xavier,
> Do you mean that this new Leica-lensed DSLR will compete with
> the $10,000 DMR/ Leica R9 combination?
>
> What are feelings about this?
>
> Jerry
>
> Hi Jerry,
> The Panasonic DSLR is not in the same league as the DMR (R8 or R9), not
> even near the parking lot of the ball game (my opinion, held out as a
> target to be shot down, but they're very different beasties - only thing
> in common - they're digital cameras). The Leica lens is a different
story.

> >From the Panasonic side of things, the camera will compete with sub
$1500
> Olympus offerings (E330, E500).
> The Panasonic camera doesn't offer anything new or outstanding and will
> compete on looks (it becomes a fashion thing).
>
> BUT!  It's very great/wonderful/fantastic to see the 4Thirds standard
> moving and not fizzling out.
>
> Oly E owners are lusting over the lens already, and my dusty crystal
ball
> says it'll be more expensive than it's Oly or Sigma equivalents.
> There'll be a kit deal - which makes the lens seem cheaper - but if you
> already own an E body, (especially an E1) you probably can't see value
in
> the Pana body).
>
> *IF*  the Leica lens turns out sharper than an Oly "Pro" digital, the
> forum lusting in 4Thirds land is justified and it will be a spectacular
> piece of glass.
>
> Regs,
> PJQ
>
> PS. Please ignore the corporate legal mumbo-jumb of this non-removable
> footer...

This is an email from Corrs Chambers Westgarth or Corrs Support Services Pty
Ltd.  The email and any attachments may be confidential, legally privileged
and/or subject to copyright.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must
not disclose or use the information contained in this e-mail.  If you have
received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email
and all copies.  We do not guarantee that this email and any attachments are
free from virus or other errors.  We will not be responsible for loss or damage
resulting (either directly or indirectly) from any such virus or error. We will
only be responsible for a change to a document if we made the change.  The
content of and opinions expressed in non-business emails are not necessarily
ours.
If this is a commercial electronic message within the meaning of the Spam Act,
you may indicate that you do not wish to receive any further commercial
electronic messages from us by sending an email to mailto:privacy@xxxxxxxxxxxx