[LRflex] Oly E3 and Dent de Lion

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 21:05:31 +0100

Hello Flexers.

I have read from a French forum, Summilux that there is a focus confirmation
chip for the OLY system.

http://oly43club.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=229
http://fourthirdsphoto.com/vbb/archive/index.php/t-19068.html
Obviously, this company Dandelion is also ditributing a chip for the EOS system
(who confirms the point?)

Now when this is set on a proper adapter, the Oly E3 is on par with the Canon,
AF focus. As for the stabilizer which is in the body of the E3, only the Oly
techs could say if the tabilzer works as soon as the focus is confirmed. My
guess is that the answer is yes.

Imagine the 80-200 (actually a 160-400) stabilized.... a 560mm stabilized, with
a maple wood handle...

BTW, in a parisian shop, I've handled the E3, heavy as a SL, finder a bit
behind the R7 but ahead definitively of the Digilux3.

Altogether it's a good product. The bulk is more of a R9 though or a DMR when
the booster is attached.

And it fires fast as a flamingo taking off!!!!

I'm impressed with the product.

Cheers.---------------------------------Xavier F. BILLE Maisons-Alfort - France.