[LRflex] Re: Oh yeah... I fergot

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 12:33:58 +0100

Hi all,

I've been "digitizing" slides and negatives with a Canon 20 D, Novoflex bellows and slide copier (picked up cheaply s/h) recently. It's a lot faster than scanning individual pictures.

I even did some copies of individual frames from Super 8 and 16mm movie film - no problem at all.

You also have the advantage of being able stop the lens down to counter any curvature in the neg/slide.

No problem with Kodachromes either.

Probably not much of an option if you've got a lot to scan, but it works well enough for the few I've wanted to copy.

Cheers
Douglas

Doug Herr wrote:
Ted Grant wrote:

I use a Polaroid Cool Scan 4000 scanner with every kind of film and
Kodachrome comes out beautifully along with all the other films whatever
make.

Likewise I've used the same scanner for my Kodachromes.  I had a few k-chromes
scanned for me by people with the Coolscan LS-4000 (I think that's the model
number) and they were terrible scans, completely unusable.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com