[LRFlex] Off topic, perenity of Data.....

  • From: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 22:58:06 +0200

Thomas:

if my memory does not fail, it was 7 1/2 inches, floppy disk. I used them some 15 years ago in Egypt!

And one day, the floppy reader went wrong, we used punched tape to load the tests. That was impressive, to me at least!

Come one, let's not think to the death of our Hard Disk!

---------------------------------
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

From: Thomas Schofield <tdschofield@xxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRFlex] Re: leicareflex Digest V2 #132
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 11:22:26 -0700 (PDT)

Have you tried to find a 5 1/4" drive to read an old disk lately, or worse one of those old 8" (if that's what they were)?

Tom Schofield

Peter Werner <pwerner@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
David,

> I am still concerned over the permenance issues of digital shots, but
keep
> hoping improvements will be made on this front.

Digital computer files should last indefinitely, longer than color slides or negatives provided you have a good backup policy.

So what is your problem?

Cheers,

Peter Werner

--------------------------------- Yahoo! Mail Mobile Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Check email on your mobile phone.