[LRflex] Re: Observations on digital shooting

  • From: Robert Lilley <speyerdom@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 22:31:38 -0400

Well it does seem a bit the gun sight approach.  I try to avoid the word
'shoot' when it comes to picture taking - tis an emotional thing I guess.  Too
much of the other thing in Indochina during the late 60's.  I always want to
see, ah, er, well, a 'composition' of sorts in ye finder.  I never really
thought of Hogarth or the Rule of Thirds as 'technical'.

I do have one for you.  The other day we had an eleven year old visitor who
happened to wander into my darkroom.  Taking a gander of the lab glassware,
stainless steel sink and the knob incrusted enlarger he remarked, "Wow!  What a
neat technology room!"  I was relieved a bit actually - at least he didn't
think it was a meth lab.

Rob