[LRflex] Re: Observations on digital shooting

  • From: <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 16:39:34 -0700

Robert Lilley Offered:
Subject: [LRflex] Re: Observations on digital shooting <

Hi Rob,
To  answer your question for myself and not others who's opinion may vary!
:-)

Right from the beginning I just looked through the viewfinder and went
click... absolutely no thought other than capturing whatever it was that
triggered me to shoot! The content of life whatever that is has always been
what I shoot. Rarely if ever any thoughts from a technical point than "click
at the right moment!"

The Rock &  Fern and non-breathing subjects have never been a big thing in
my career. Other than non-breathing when it came to covering wars or like
tragedies.

Although on many occasions during my down time after a not to friendly
assignment I have relaxed with the quietness of my garden photographing the
"rocks and ferns and flowers there-in!" Extremely relaxing. However once
again with rarely a thought about techie things, viewfinder size or like
stuff other than "Jeeeze look at that... "click!" :-)

Today with digital it's really cool as I just pop back into my office...
"the old darkroom" put card into computer, pick whatever turns me on, make
print and show my wife. If she's happy? I'm happy. :-) Techie stuff never
get's in the way. Just have fun and enjoy without thought! Too many people
think about all kinds of stuff instead of shooting what turns them on!

Yep and now I'm going into the "fall out shelter" to avoid the flack attack!
;-)

Whatever the view finder showed me and I was motivated, the shutter went
click without thought!
cheers,
Dr. ted ;-)

tedgrantphoto.com