[LRflex] Re: Observations on digital shooting

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 13:09:08 -0700 (PDT)

Excellent Observation Rob,
   I think you maybe are onto something with your comment about the 4/3 aspect
ratio having somehow subliminally pushed you into getting that Oly E3. As part
of a 'discipline' exercise my first year in college, I worked very hard to
shoot
and print without cropping my images (35mm only at that point) and in
retrospect
I believe that it pushed into my photography a distinct preference for the
non-standard proportions of the dang 35mm frame! As I went on to explore 6x6
and
4x5 photography, those image frames always felt 'odd' to me and was a difficult
intellectual exercise to make work well as print proportions (in their
uncropped
state).

Richard in Michigan

ps: how goes it with the E3 now that you've begun 'reading the manual'?