[LRflex] Re: Observations on digital shooting

  • From: <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
  • To: Leica-Reflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 21:55:29 +0200 (CEST)

Same here,

9x13 used to be the standard size of photo paper when I first started printing
in the darkroom.

Have fun with the E3 - lots of it :-)

Ph

Envoyé depuis Ma Messagerie SFR. 10 Go de stockage - en savoir plus.

=======================================
Message du : 03/09/2010
De : "Robert Lilley " <speyerdom@xxxxxxx>
A : leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Copie à :
Sujet : [LRflex] Re: Observations on digital shooting

More Observations on digital shooting.

I've been getting this strange sensation looking through the viewfinder of my
new Olympus E-3.  Sort of deja vu.   Last night it came to me.  I shoot a lot
of 9x12cm on my Toyo 45A view and Voightlander Bergheil folder.  It is the same
ratio - four thirds!  I just happen to like the 9x12cm format better than
4x5inch.  Its all coming together and I feel at home now  -=sigh=-.  Although I
do feel sort of stupid, should have picked this up from the beginning.

Perhaps it is one of those subliminal things.  Now that I think about it, I've
never really been happy with 35mm or 6x6cm.  I wonder if folks have a certain
ratio they prefer viewing the world about them and they just gravitate to that
format without even knowing why?

Rob