[LRflex] Re: Observations on digital shooting

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 19:33:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Doug,
   I very much liked reading the story at your link! The YMMV (Your Mileage May
Vary) comment is quite relevent and probably is a better expression of what I
was trying to say with my saying people's answers would likely be 'shades of
grey' rather than absolute blacks or whites. I think that a kernel of truth is
revealing itself when it comes to comparing what Autofocus Gave ME versus what
REMEMBER getting when I was shooting a Manual Focus Camera.

Probably have to ponder it a little more to see if something relevent shows
itself in any entirety.

I would like to, in my defense, note that I DO shoot with Manual Focus lenses
mounted upon a Camera fully capable of use with some pretty competent Auto
Focus
Lenses. Further, I fully intend to upgrade to a Camera Body capable of using
genuine 'designed for manual focus' focus screens at my first available
opportunity. A Manual Focus Hater / Autofocus Fan-Boy I AM Definitely NOT. :-)

I AM someone who sees life in varying shades of grey more than a strict 'this
way and NOT THAT' kind of way.

Richard in Michigan