[LRflex] Re: Observations on digital shooting

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 17:12:12 -0700

Aram offered:

>A very nice choice in DSLR cameras, and David I am sure will attest.

Indeed, I did!

>I wonder how David deals with the autofocus points in his action shots.  A
>PITA on my Canon.

Hi Aram!

With action, such as rodeos, I have to think ahead, to where the
subject I want is most likely to be, and set the focus points
appropriately.  However, they are fast & easy to change, using either
the back or top panel displays or the viewfinder display.

For general shooting, I keep it on the center focus spot and crop to
compose, as necessary.

>  Or maybe he just prefocuses in manual focus mode.

I use prefocus & manual focus mode only with my Leica glass...  but,
to be honest, at my advanced age, the AF of the Oly is usually as
good, or better, than I can manage by eyeball.

Cheers!

David Young - Photographer
Logan Lake, BC,  Canada

Wildlife & Sports: www.furnfeather.net