[LRflex] Re: OT "Zeiss Tele Tessar" 135/4

  • From: Steve Barbour <steve.barbour@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2015 20:15:07 -0700

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 5, 2015, at 7:26 PM, David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Steve:

I came late into this conversation ... perhaps I was away, and my account was
on vacation.

Do you have a photo of this "mystery" lens?

I'll check the archives, for the backstory.

The mystery was greater before it landed here, but yes, I will get a photo or
two out to you this evening, good idea david and thanks

Steve

David.

--
David Young - Photographer
Logan Lake,BC, CANADA

Several asked what happened to the mystery lens from KEH.

fwiw, this lens arrived and I am sue you all recall that it was called a
Zeiss and it was mentioned it was also made for Takumar. When iI asked about
it by phone it was described as a screw mount, likely M42. Several members
offered opinions about it. it was on its way here. It arrived. So what was
it? On the lens it says Rollei TeleTessar 135/4 FHT, on the back mount,
engraved Made by Rollei in Singapore. No mention of Zeiss or Takumar and the
mount, not a screw mount, rather something else, likely QBM. Likely a fine
interesting lens in great shape, small, heavy, well made, glass looks
excellent, the adapter is coming soon.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone------