[LRflex] Re: OT: Tried to get a (couple of) copies of Charlie this morning

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 06:12:42 -0800

Good Morning, Philippe!

I suspect your news agent is right ... for while a normal weekly press run for
Charlie Hebdoe is 60,000 copies, this weeks issue is reported to be 3 million
copies.

The extremists thought they were "killing" Charlie, but instead, they have
brought the publication to far greater prominence, world-wide, than it ever had.

At a huge cost of human lives (including their own) their actions failed,
miserably, to achieve their goals.  A complete waste from every angle.  Very
sad.

Were Charlie available here, I'd buy a copy just to support the magazine.  And
I only have "cereal box" French!

Thanks for your image of the cue to purchase the magazine.  It speaks volumes.

David.

> To no avail for today
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Charlie/Charlie+Newsagent.jpg.html
> The lady said she will receive extra copies over the week and I don't despair
> getting some.
> Amities to all of you who sent good vibes these days. Did good over here.
>
> Amities
> Philippe off to work now
>
> One sees clearly only with the heart. What is essential is invisible to the
> eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
> NO ARCHIVE

is active.