[LRflex] Re: OT: Tourism - Scotland- pixes from last Summer Part I FLAVIO

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 13:42:19 +0100

Thanks Flavio

Scotland has beautiful landscapes, even when it rains, which may happen.
I had been there in 1976 during the drought when the hills, sorry, mountains, were scortched, baren and faded yellow.

And so friendly people, too!

And yes, Loch Ness is the next episode, to be posted when I can. Drummnadrochit (I can't pronounce that, can you?) But no Nessie unfortunately - I should have had a 560 telyt and infrared extender for that ;-) We did not get to the Isles because if was too complicated with the campers and the weather was not really inviting there. Sometimes you have to think twice before trusting the navsat/GPS as I'll show later on.

Enjoy your weekend
Amitiés de Metz
Phiilippe

FLAVIO GORI wrote:

philippe,
lovely land and perspective views.
i miss scotland a lot. did you visit isle of skye or the lock (is it the right word-meaning?) of lochness and related vicinity?

flavio

2008/12/13 Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx <mailto:philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>>

    Thanks to all of you who commented on or off list.

    I'll be posting the next leg ASAP for those of you who enjoyed the
    ride.

    Bien cordialement
    Philippe

    Philippe AMARD wrote:

    I realised tonight that I had started uploading snaps of my
    summer holidays in Scotland, and never finished.
    A warning, these are quick and dirty shots, but might be of some
    interest for  Listers and Luggers who are either deep in snow
    today and dreaming of  better skies, or too far away to
    contemplate the trip, or simply curious to visit places.
    Also, it is much more a log-book than a collection of photographs.
    It is here :
    http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/UK+tour+2008/
    <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/UK+tour+2008/>
    I'll try to keep uploading when I've time if the first leg has
    pleased you..

    Comments and criticism are of course most welcome.

    Bien cordialement de Metz
    Phx

FLAVIO GORI
NASA  The Inspire Project